Sunday, September 14, 2008

Best GPS for under $200 - Read on...

Best GPS for under $200 - Read on...

I've had my GPS for almost 3 years, which is a record for a gadget for me! It's been bumped around, dropped, and generally used heavily. I've had to return it to Garmin, who repaired it no charge, including shipping, 3 times in 3 years - only a 1 year warranty, I believe. They are the best company I've ever dealt with.

I paid $757 for this state-of-the art GPS, the nüvi 350, on 12/3/2005. I was so excited to get it $200 off!

Well, it's now my current unit is just under $200 at Amazon. Yes, $557 off what I paid for it. The upgraded model , the nüvi 360, is just over $200. I'd recommend the upgraded model as it's basically the same unit with Bluetooth speaker phone built-in.

There are fancier ones out there - I'm waiting for the Voice Recognition model to dip below $500 (currently at $1,000) - but if you want to jump in with a top of the line, mini unit, I wholeheartedly recommend either the nüvi 350 or nüvi 360. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

Karl A. Morris said...

I patiently await fully geo-referenced data here in Jamaica. The only GPS functionality we have here is via Google Maps and that only knows lat-long locations, not addresses.